Sunday, August 19, 2007

Drug Addled Has-Been Hates U.S.

Now this really hurts: Ex-soccer star Maradona tells Chavez he hates U.S.

Former Argentine soccer star Diego Maradona on Sunday said he hates the United States "with all my strength" during an appearance on Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's weekly television show.

The leftist soccer legend, like the fiercely anti-U.S. Chavez, is a close ally of Cuba's Fidel Castro.

"I believe in Chavez, I am Chavista ... . Everything Fidel does, everything Chavez does for me is the best (that can be done)," Maradona said, sitting with Chavez on the set of the president's Sunday talk show.

"I hate everything that comes from the United States. I hate it with all my strength," he added to thunderous applause and cheering from the hundreds of Chavez supporters gathered in an auditorium for the show.

Strong words from a man whose biggest claim to fame is that he cheated in order to win the World Cup.

Reuters really knows how to find real news, don't they?

No comments: