Saturday, September 19, 2009

How to Win Friends and Influence People, Obama Style

QandO points me to this quote from Lech Wałęsa:

“Americans have always cared only about their interests, and all other [countries] have been used for their purposes. This is another example,” Mr Walesa told TVN24. “[Poles] need to review our view of America, we must first of all take care of our business,” he added.

“I could tell from what I saw, what kind of policies President Obama cultivates,” the former president added. “I simply don’t like this policy, not because this shield was required [in Poland], but [because of] the way we were treated,” he concluded.

Wałęsa is of course wrong here in his categorical statements about what Americans care about.

But, given the back-handed treatment of Poland by the Obama administration, I can see where he is coming from here.

No comments: