Tuesday, February 19, 2008

More "Yes, but..."

Get a hold of you wallet, because here it comes again:

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign intends to go after delegates whom Barack Obama has already won in the caucuses and primaries if she needs them to win the nomination.

This strategy was confirmed to me by a high-ranking Clinton official on Monday. And I am not talking about superdelegates, those 795 party big shots who are not pledged to anybody. I am talking about getting pledged delegates to switch sides...

"I swear it is not happening now, but as we get closer to the convention, if it is a stalemate, everybody will be going after everybody’s delegates," a senior Clinton official told me Monday afternoon. "All the rules will be going out the window."

This is pathetic. Yes, it's true that a delegate who arrives as a pledged delegate for Obama is not bound by the rules to actually vote for Obama. But...

But nothing. I'm supposed to get my knickers in a twist because the Clinton campaign will try to win a brokered convention???????

O, the horror!!!!

Jesus H Christ people. Grow up.

No comments: