Monday, April 18, 2005

Gavel Banging On The Weekend

I had a new experience the other day. My girlfriend and I bought a painting from a Washington D.C. auction house while bidding online. Oh, I've done the Ebay thing any number of times, but this was the first live auction I've ever participated in...and the item was quite a bit more expensive than my usual $10 Ebay specials.

Anyway, we are quite pleased with our first real foray into the art world. (Yes, I'm going to show it off like a brand new papa. And, yes, you are correct, there is something seriously wrong with me.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The painting is of the Duomo at Siena, by an American artist Eda Sterchi. We like architectural subjects in general, and we fell in love with the way all the purples and blues are used in this piece in particular.

It is a modest first step. (A way under $1000 first step, in case you were wondering.) I'll show off any others that come our way in the months ahead. Who says we can't be classy in the blogosphere?

Hey, it isn't all about calling people bastards.

Although that does have its place...

No comments: