Friday, April 01, 2005

But Who Is Going To Edit The Editors?

Funny stuff from Patterico: Those Experienced Times Editors

As I noted the other day, the L.A. Times's David Shaw recently had a silly article about bloggers. In that piece, he said:

When I or virtually any other mainstream journalist writes something, it goes through several filters before the reader sees it. At least four experienced Times editors will have examined this column, for example. They will have checked it for accuracy, fairness, grammar, taste and libel, among other things.


Remember that quote. I'll probably be alluding to it several times throughout the course of this year.

In an unrelated point, I was perusing the corrections today when I noticed this gem:

Restaurant review - In last week's Food section, the restaurant review listed Covina as an example of towns that are not in the San Gabriel Valley. Covina is in the San Gabriel Valley.


See, I'm just a blogger, but I could give you a million examples of towns that are not in the San Gabriel Valley - and I'd get them all right. Watch, as I list just five of them: San Francisco. Modesto. Sacramento. Eureka. San Diego.

I just did that without the benefit of four experienced Times editors. Impressed?


Very.

No comments: