Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I'm Taking A Break

I've stopped for the moment at page 90. I got to the point that I just had to read something else.

In some ways I wish I hadn't. From First Things:

In her column yesterday, Washington Post’s Ruth Marcus argues for why having Sarah Palin in high public office is a “terrifying prospect.” Marcus’s specific complaint is that Palin, in her interview with Katie Couric, said that the way she has understood the world is not through travel but “through education, through books, through mediums that have provided me a lot of perspective on the world.” In response, Marcus writes this:

This would be more reassuring if Palin had demonstrated more evidence of having read extensively about history or world affairs. Asked in an interview for PBS’s Charlie Rose show last year about her favorite authors, Palin cited C.S. Lewis–“very, very deep”–and Dr. George Sheehan, a now-deceased writer for Runner’s World magazine whose columns Palin still keeps on hand.

It's true. The Washington Post has actually employed someone so stupid she believes the most important writer of Christian Apologetics since Pascal is the intellectual equivalent of "a Garfield desk calendar."

And I'm supposed to be worried about Sarah Palin's intelligence?

No comments: