Sunday, December 12, 2004

Not Important, but Kinda Funny

Saturday Night Live and Brett Hull poke fun at NHL lockout

NEW YORK (CP) - Two Canadian stories in the news made Saturday Night Live this week.
Making a guest appearance on Weekend Update, the show's news spoof, veteran Phoenix Coyote Brett Hull was asked about Canada's "new gay marriage law."


"Well that's what happens in Canada when there's no hockey," a smiling Hull replied to laughter. "Guys have more time to hang out, talk about their feelings.

"Next thing you know they're in love with each other. I've got nothing against it, but I'd rather be playing hockey."

Said Weekend Update anchor Amy Poehler: "You heard it here first folks. Brett Hull would rather play hockey than marry a dude."

Asked whether the NHL can survive a year off from the lockout, Hull was optimistic.

"I think so. I mean with the basketball riots, the steroids in baseball, I think hockey is looking classier all the time."

No comments: