Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Maybe I'm Over-Qualified?

U of I to hire binge drinking consultant:

The University of Iowa will spend $165,000 in private money to hire consultants to develop plans for communications and binge drinking.

Hell, I'd do it for only $45,000 plus expenses (bar tabs, cab rides, and late night burrito consumption.) Definitely, I would advocate a hands on "learn by doing" method.

U of I President Sally Mason announced the plans to the Iowa Board of Regents as part of her presentation of how the university is handing $7.5 million in budget cuts for this year. Another 6.5 percent budget trim has been proposed for next year....

...designing a communications strategy and a plan to combat binge drinking were important enough priorities to warrant spending private money, Mason said.

Oh, they want to combat binge drinking.

Never mind.

No comments: