Friday, August 15, 2008

What?

I understand when profanity is not printed in news stories. Generally we can all get the gist of what was said with the use of a single letter. However, there are times when it results in one not knowing what the hell is going on. Take this story about the nut case who shot the Democratic party boss in Arkansas:

According to Conway police spokeswoman Sharen Carter, Target fired Johnson before 8 a.m. Wednesday because he had written on a wall. A manager had called police because of an "extremely irate" employee, Carter said. The graffiti, including "Target is run by dumb jocks and sorority w-----," had already been cleaned and Johnson had left by the time officers arrived.

Sorority what? I mean, I can think of some derogatory words that begin with "W" but I have no idea what was used in this case. Am I reading CNN's website or a 19th century victorian novel?

If this was employed to avoid the use of the word "whores," I need to move to a less stupid country.

No comments: