Friday, October 12, 2007

That's Just Spiffy

There is no God.

Al Gore, UN Panel share Nobel for Peace

Former Vice President Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel won the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for spreading awareness of man-made climate change and laying the foundations for counteracting it.


In a related development the Nobel committee also posthumously honored Trofim Denisovich Lysenko for his "ground breaking" work in agriculture, and Georg Ernst Stahl for his work solving the mysteries of phlogiston.

Alright...they didn't really do that, but they might as well have.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I would like to thank the Nobel Committee for this great honor. My immediate goals are addressing how the Internet affects global warming; specifically, how global warming can be reduced by slowing hot air emissions from sites like The Iconic Midwest." ;)

Oh,wait, I only look like Al Gore. ;)

Rich Horton said...

Believe me, that wouldn't be the first time someone would have sought to "reduce" my "carbon emissions". :-)

If you'll excuse me, I have to get out and drown some polar bears....

Tully said...

Shooting them is faster. They struggle FOREVER when you try to hold their heads under.

Rich Horton said...

I wonder if I might beat them to death with a baby seal carcass?