Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Is This An OK Thing To Do?

Got this from Patterico:

Speaking of class acts, Charles Karel Bouley, blogging at the Huffington Post, has this lovely quote:

I hear about Tony Snow and say to myself, well, stand up every day, lie to the American people at the behest of your dictator-esque boss and well, how could a cancer NOT grow in you. Work for Fox News, spinning the truth in to a billion knots and how can your gut not rot? I know, it’s terrible. I admit it. I don’t wish anyone harm, even Tony Snow. And I do hope he recovers or at least does what he feels is best and surrounds himself with friends and family for his journey. But in the back of my head there’s Justin Timberlake’s “What goes around, goes around, comes around, comes all the way back around, ya..”

. . . .

Now, I’ve been brutally honest above, and may have offended some, and for that I’m sorry. Again, I don’t want Tony Snow to suffer and die of cancer. But like many this morning, I had the thought.


Note well, Glenn Greenwald: this is not an anonymous commenter. It is a blogger at one of the top left-wing blogs on the Internet.

Of course, many of the anonymous commenters are with him.


The Glenn Greenwald comment refers to Greenwald's assertion that the right wing blogosphere is mean, hateful, vicious and basically un-American. Meanwhile on the left you may get the occasional testy anonymous comment, but the bloggers themselves are all about sweetness and light, facts and fair play; a multicultural picnic, where children play in the meadow, those so afflicted enjoy their medicinal pot, and...well, yes, people are chanting to have the Vice-President drawn and quartered, but...that's satire...and if it isn't satire, Dick's really been asking for it anyway, so how can they be blamed?

I'll admit I've never respected the Huffington Post. Everything I've ever read there reminds me of the worst papers I graded from freshman taking Introduction to Political Science. The recipe is easy: Take a generous portion of laziness, add a pinch of apathy, add a half stick of inexperience and a gallon of ignorance and you have it! College freshman crapola! The only thing the HP adds is a half jigger of spite.

It does not make a tasty brew.

And it doesn't make Charles Bouley any less an ass. It makes him a bigger one.

No comments: