Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Well, this holiday isn't exactly going to plan. The wife and I are at home instead of being with the rest of the family in St. Louis. The combination of a mouth recovering from a root canal and bad weather on the roads made it impossible to do anything but stay put.

But, while it may not be what I was expecting, I can still give thanks for a tooth that is feeling better (something I share with an elephant), and rejoice that a feast will be had. Granted, a more appropriately sized chicken will replace the turkey, and my wife's Greek style green bean dish is no green bean casserole (thank God), but the pie is pumpkin so that is something.

So, for my American friends and readers: Happy Thanksgiving!

For my non-American friends and readers: Have a nice Thursday!

No comments: